A deep link is any link that directs a user past the home page of a website to the content inside of it. Deep links can be used to add a piece of content, a course, or any training into an announcement, a description, or other types of communication.
Find the URL for the Item You Want to Deep Link
Navigation: Training (hover) > Courses
- Find the course you want to deep link.
- Select the course title.
- Copy the URL from the address bar of your browser.
- Find the Content you want to deep-link.
- Select More Info.
- Select Copy Private Share Link.
Important: Make sure that the item that you are going to share is available to the users that will access it. If it is not, the users will be redirected to a "Restricted Access" page when opening the URL.
For example, a course needs to be Public and in a category that the users have permission to access. A content item needs to be in a category that the users have permission to access.
You can read more on how to manage your Course/Library Categories in the following articles:
Deep Link the Item you Selected
Add the URL of the item you selected in an announcement, description, or other communication. You can add a deep link wherever there is a rich text editor to message users.
In the text box, add the URL with your preferred message. You can also conceal the URL into a hyperlink by using the Link icon.
Open the URL
Once your users receive the announcement or see the URL, they should click on the link to be redirected to the resource.
- If the users are already logged in to the Learning solution, they will immediately be redirected to the resource.
- If the users are not logged in to the Learning solution, once they click the link they will be redirected to your login page. Once they log in, they will be immediately redirected to the resource.