A platform like Zoom does not constantly communicate with the Learning solution. After creating your Live Session, you then need to tell your meeting platform of choice (Zoom/WebEx/GoToTraining/Teams) about your event. This is called initiating the event.
Initiating the event creates an event in the platform, and supplies the following information:
- Start and end time
- Participants (identifiable with email address)
An event must be initiated before it can be started.
Initiate the Live Session
Navigation: UKG Pro Learning > Admin > Live Sessions > Manage Events
- Under Status, you can see your upcoming events. Select the Initiate event button.
- Select the account that you want to use for your event in the pop-up window.
- Select Initiate.
- You need to have at least one registrant to initiate the event.
- The event should be set to Public using the toggle in the Status section.
- You can cancel the initiation of an event that was done in error.
- An event can be initiated until 15 minutes after the start of it. However, we strongly recommend initiating the event at least 24 hours prior to the event start time.
- WebEx requires a password for all events. It is advisable to use a unique password for every event.
- Participants with no email address will not appear on the synced participants list. They will not have the Join button available to them, and will need to be provided the meeting information in some other way. They will also need to have their attendance manually entered.
Start Live Session
After the event initiation, you are ready to start your event. Select the Start Event button and you will be redirected to your Zoom/WebEx/GoToTraining/Teams account.