If your organization is using Udemy Business as a repository of pre-made content, you can integrate Udemy and your academy so that courses taken in your Udemy account are tracked in the Learning solution.
After integration, you will find the Udemy category in your available courses, under the Training Tab.
You can treat this category and subcategories just as you would any other training category.
Assign a Udemy Course
To assign a course, select its Manage button.
Assign the course as you would normally.
Track Progress for a Udemy Course
Track progress as you normally would any other course. Select Course Dashboard while managing the course or navigate to My Team's Dashboard or the Report Builder.
- The Learning solution and Udemy sync once every eight hours. Progress may not appear immediately as a result of this.
- Oblige to Retake is currently not an option with Udemy courses, as there is no communication available for re-assigning material.
- Progress changes made in the Learning solution are not communicated to Udemy. For example, manually completing a Udemy course in the Learning solution will not complete the course in Udemy.
- Steps/lessons will not appear in reporting due to the communication limitations between Udemy and the Learning solution. Only course-level information will show.
- Since Udemy instructors may not be a member of an academy, the academy admin will appear, instead, as the Udemy course instructor within the Learning solution.
- The number of Udemy lessons displayed as steps in the Learning solution is for informational purposes only. They appear on the course's About page but are not actual steps in the Learning solution.