Multi-factor authentication, or MFA, provides an additional layer of security to your UKG Pro Learning solution account. When logging in with MFA, both a password and an additional verification are needed. This additional verification is obtained from an external source, like an authentication app, email, or mobile app confirmation.
MFA is activated on an individual account basis. Those logging in via single sign-on do not need this extra security; this feature is not available to those using SSO.
Set Up MFA in Your Account
Navigation: UKG Pro Learning > Me (hover) > My Settings > My Account > Multi-Factor Authentication
- Move the Use Multi-Factor Authentication toggle to yes.
A pop-up window appears.
- Enter your Learning solution password. The pop-up window closes.
- Select the box next to your preferred security method: Authentication App or Email.
Note: The Mobile Device option will be inaccessible until you choose one of the other authentication methods; you cannot have only the mobile option. Select this box as well if you have the UKG Pro Learning app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Select Save when finished.
Set Up the Authentication App
You can use an authentication app, Google Authenticator or Authy, as a security method.
Selecting the Authentication App option will open a pop-up window. This window provides the steps to add your Learning account to the app of your choice.
- Download your authentication app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Create a new instance in the app.
- Either type in the provided code or scan the QR code into the app.
- Select Continue.
A pop-up window appears.
- Enter the code provided by your authentication app, and select Verify.
Your authentication app is set up to use MFA.
If needed, you can run the setup process again by selecting Edit.
Set Up an Email
To receive a code through email each time you log in, select that option.
- A code will be sent to the email you use in your Learning account, and a pop-up will appear.
- Enter the code into the space provided.
- Select Verify.
- Save when finished.
From then on that email will receive a code each time you need to use MFA to log into the Learning solution.
Use MFA to Log In
When logging in to the Learning solution from your laptop or desktop computer, a pop-up will appear asking which MFA option you'd like to use for that login.
Selecting Authenticator app or Email will prompt you to type in the code sent. Selecting Mobile device will ask you to select Yes when prompted by your mobile app.
With all options, you can delay the following MFA validation for 30 days.