When a new employee starts working, assign training, and managing the workflow can be a difficult thing to do. The Transitions module in UKG Pro Learning allows administrators to design the training schedule for all new employees as well as for employees that changed jobs in the company.
Transitions allows administrators to design and execute the training process as well as monitor the employees’ progress. Managers with the Reporting permission enabled can access the Transitions Dashboard to track the progress of the users under their organizational structure.
Administrators can enable the Transitions module from the Advanced Academy settings. Select the Transitions Module block to expand the menu and toggle it to Yes. Add the number of days a leaner should be considered as a new academy member and select Save.
After the Academy Administrator enables the the Transitions Module you will need to create a new Transitions profile.
Navigation: Admin > Transitions > Transitions Profiles
In the new page, you can start building the new Transitions profile or check for any existing profiles.
Create a Transitions Profile
In order to create a new Transitions profile, the Admin needs to select the job, the above units, and the units that the new Transitions profile should be applied to when executed.
Click the Select button. A window will appear allowing to select the job(s), the above units, and the units. You can also filter the users based on custom fields that you have set up for your Academy.
If the custom attribute you select is a type of date then you have two options:
- Apply rule on selected date in [user] record: This option will allow you to assign the training in question on a future date indicated in the date field attached to each user. With this option, users with a future date in this attribute will have the rule applied on that date. Please note that the user's date should be within the given timeframe for them to be assigned. This means:
- If the user has a past date or today’s date on their date field, they will be assigned immediately.
- If the user has a future date on their date field, they will be assigned on the date indicated by the field.
- Apply rule when [user] record is created: For users with a future date in this attribute the rule will be applied immediately upon creation. With this option, all users whose attribute is within the given timeframe will be assigned the moment they match the rule.
Once you choose the organizational structure, your selections will appear below so you can review the assignment.
- Enter the Profile Name
- Select the Time Units. It can be either days or weeks.
- Set the Duration. For example, if you have chosen days as a time unit and the duration is 5, this means that the training will last for 5 days and training can be set per day. If the time units are weeks, then a duration of 5 means that the training will last for 5 weeks and training can be set per week.
- Select whether the Transitions profile will be applied to employees that have a Job Change or to Academy Members added since [date]. You can then set the user joined date and the profile will be applied to new academy members based on the selected date.
The number of days that an academy member is considered as new should be configured at the related advanced setting.
For example, if you have defined that a user is considered a new academy member for 5 days and you enable a profile that takes into account the academy members added since Today, the Transitions profile will also be assigned to users who were added to the academy 5 days before the activation of the profile.
You have the option to set up a Transitions profile with future dates (e.g. Employees added from 01/01/2023). However, these profiles will be always off until the selected date comes.
- Select the Create button to have the new profile created.
Manage a Transitions Profile
Once the new profile is created it will appear in the list of all Transitions profiles. It is inactive as the admin needs to activate it once the training is scheduled in the profile. The following image presents what the new profile looks like on the list.
The Admin can select the:
- Open icon to start creating the training plan
- Edit icon to edit the profile’s parameters
- Delete icon to delete the profile
- On/Off switch to activate or deactivate the profile
Selecting the Open icon will expand the profile so you can set up the transition training.
There are two different flows in which you can arrange the training: the time-based flow and the activity-based flow. You can set up your training in either flow or in both flows simultaneously.
Creating Transition Template
For some industries, specific jobs require the same transition experience. Transition Profile Templates can be used to establish baseline transition experiences to save time and ensure a consistent plan is delivered.
The process is the same as setting up a simple Transitions Profile.
Navigation: Admin > Transitions > Transitions Templates
Set up your Transition template based on the steps described previously and click on the Convert to Profile button if you want to make this template an active Profile.
The new profile will be created under the Transition Profiles sub-tab. Please make sure to activate the profile!
The next time you need to create a similar profile, you do not have to create it from scratch. Just edit the existing template accordingly and select Convert to Profile.