Administrators can configure the home page differently and independently for every user category. You can add gadgets to the Home page and arrange them in any order. Most gadgets come in two sizes, providing design flexibility for the Home page experience.
Add Gadgets to the Home Page
You can add gadgets to the Home page for users with admin and management permissions and for users without management permissions.
- Select the down arrow next to your name.
- Select Edit Homepage.
- From the Home Page Configurator, select For Users with Admin and Management Permissions or For Users without Management Permissions.
- Select Add Gadget.
- Select the Choose Gadget drop-down list and select a gadget.
- Select Add.
- Optional. Repeat the previous steps to add additional gadgets.
- Select Save.
You can arrange the gadgets and set the default order for all academy members. Users can reorder the gadgets on their Home page.
Note: To prevent users from changing the order of the gadgets, from the Home Page Configurator, check the Lock the homepage order for the users box.
Home Page Gadgets
Gadgets provide quick views of a variety of UKG Pro Learning features.
- Announcements: Displays announcements sent by admins and managers.
- Promoted Courses: Displays up to three courses marked for promotion. For a course to display in this gadget, the user cannot be enrolled in the course. Private courses do not appear in the Promoted Courses gadget. Courses must be set to Public to appear. Decentralized categories courses do not display. Course category visibility rules override the promoted courses configuration. For example, a course marked as Promoted, but part of a category not visible to all employees, will not display in this gadget. Promoted courses will not display if you are the course instructor.
- Suggested Courses: Displays up to four suggested courses. Courses are suggested by default based on permissions (i.e. the course categories to which the user has access). Users will only see the latest published courses that are available for them to take. You can configure suggested courses to display based on other criteria, like the user's role or skills from Advanced Settings.
- Latest Content: Displays the last four items uploaded to the Academy Library.
- Suggested Groups: Displays a list of groups the user can join.
- Calendar: Displays a calendar on the Home page. After selecting this gadget, additional settings enable you to select specific background and text colors for each calendar item, decide which items should appear on the calendar, and select the first calendar day.
- Polls: Displays standalone polls.
- Quick Training Dashboard: Displays the following information related to the user's training:
- Total Hours: The total number of hours spent in training.
- Total Courses: The total number of courses in which the user is enrolled.
- Completions: The total number of completed courses.
- Completion Rate: The rate of course completion.
- Overdue Courses: The number of courses with a past due date in which the user is enrolled, but has not completed.
- Certifications: The total number of certifications awarded to the user.
- Recently Awarded Certificates: Displays certificates recently awarded to the user.
- Curricula In Progress: Displays up to three curricula in progress. The order of appearance is configurable based on the following information:
- Last Progress
- Time Enrolled
- Time Created
- Courses In Progress: Displays up to three courses in progress. The order of appearance is configurable based on the following information:
- Last Progress
- Time enrolled
- New Messages: Displays new messages.
- New Newsfeed Posts: Displays new posts from the Newsfeed.
- Most Popular Content: Displays the three most-viewed items in the Academy.
- Favorite Content: Displays the most recent content the user has added to their favorites.
- Recently Viewed Content: Displays the three most recently viewed pieces of content by the user.
- High Priority Announcements: Displays high priority announcements.
- Promoted Content: Displays up to five content items marked for promotion. Library category visibility rules override promoted content items configuration. For example, an item that is marked as Promoted, but is part of a category not visible to all employees, will not display in this gadget.
- Transitions: Displays a summary of the user's Transitions profile statistics.
- Promoted Curricula: Displays the most recently promoted curriculum. For a curriculum to display in this gadget, the user cannot be enrolled in the curriculum. Private curricula do not appear in the Promoted Curricula gadget. Curricula must be set to Public to appear. Curriculum category visibility rules override the promoted curricula configuration. For example, a curriculum set as a promoted curriculum, part of a category not visible to all employees, won't populate at the Promoted Curricula gadget for an employee. The Promoted Curricula gadget does not display if you are the curriculum instructor.
- Leaderboards: Displays the user's current Leaderboard ranking and how many points they need to reach the next level. The Leaderboard with the user's best performance appears by default.
- Games: Displays the user's active games, what level they are on, their unlocked levels, and how many points they need to reach the next level. The game with the user's best performance appears by default.
Two additional gadgets are available for admins and users with management permissions that enable them to track the progress of their employees.
- My Team's Quick Dashboard: A quick view of employees that shows the number of Team Members, the Total Hours spent on training, the Average Completion Rate, and the Compliance Rate.
- Trainer's pending On the Job Training: Displays the three On-the-Job Training tasks most recently completed by trainees and that require trainer sign off.
You can configure up to three settings for each Home page gadget.
- Change the location of the gadget by dragging it to the desired location.
- Make the gadget visible on the mobile app. This setting is not available for some gadgets.
- Resize the gadget. This setting is not available for some gadgets.
To save your changes, select Save.
Note: To reset the order of the gadgets, select the down arrow next to your name and select Reset Homepage Order.