UKG Pro Learning enables you to add lectures to courses by uploading your own files, such as SCORM files (SCORM 1.2). Before you can upload the file to Learning, you must prepare your SCORM slides, content, quizzes, etc. in your authoring tool. For this example, the authoring tool is Articulate Storyline 2.
- Go to Home tab on the Storyline ribbon and click Publish.
- When the Publish window appears, select the LMS tab on the left.
- Enter the course Title in your published output. It defaults to the name of your Storyline project file. (Changing the title won't affect the name of your project file.)
- Use the Description field to give learners a synopsis of your course. Currently, the course description only appears on information cards in the Articulate Mobile Player app.
- Use the Folder field to indicate where you want to publish your course (for example, your computer desktop). Click the ellipsis button (...) to browse to a specific location. Storyline will create a new folder on that spot with all the files needed to operate your course.
Important: Always publish to your local drive. Publishing to a network drive or a USB drive can cause problems with your published output. After publishing to your local hard drive, upload the output to a web server for testing, in our case it will be uploaded on UKG Pro Learning LMS.
- If learners will view content on a device that doesn't support Flash, like the iPad, use the following options to make your course viewable in HTML5.
- Include HTML5 output: This prepares your course so that it's viewable as HTML5 content. Bear in mind that not all web browsers handle HTML5 content equally. MARK THIS OPTION
- Use Articulate Mobile Player for iOS or Android: DO NOT MARK THIS OPTION, because UKG Pro Learning has got it's own mobile apps (Android and iOS) that can view/play Courses-Scorms.
- Set the settings(optional) of "Storyline Player" that will appear on the inside of your Course-SCORM.
- Check the Title box to enable users to view the title within the SCORM.
- Check the Volume box to enable users to control the volume bar within the SCORM.
- Check the Seekbar box to enable users to drag the seekbar within the SCORM.
- Select option Other and then set these options below:
- Browser size: set the default setting "resize browser to optimal size"
- Player size: set the default setting "lock player at optimal size"
- Launch player in new window(creates launch page): do not mark this option
- On restart: set the default setting "prompt to resume" if you want to allow user to watch this message when he opens the course after closing it and choose to continue from the slide that he was before or to begin the course from the first slide of this course-scorm
- When running in LMS, ignore flash cookie: mark this option
- Set "Standard" on default setting "Quality: Optimized for standard delivery" like the picture below:
- Set "Track using quiz result" on default setting "Tracking: Results slide" like the picture below:
- Select the button "REPORTING AND TRACKING...".
Important is to set SCORM 1.2 on setting "LMS:" because UKG Pro Learning serves SCORM version 1.2.
On this page, you will see your reporting details like LMS Course Information, LMS Lesson SCORM Information etc. The only thing you have to take care of is: LMS Reporting.
- From the Report status to LMS as drop-down list, select Passed/Incomplete.
- Select Publish.
- The last thing you have to do is to export the SCORM file. Press the button "ZIP".
The SCORM is saved in .zip format and is ready for upload to UKG Pro Learning.
After selecting Publish, you are prompted to save the file on your hard disk.