A course is a type of training that can be comprised of multiple lectures, events, on-the-job trainings, and/or polls. Based on how you set them up you can have different course functionalities to fit your needs.
Users with admin rights, training managers, and users with the create course permission enabled can create courses in their academy.
Training managers should be allowed from the academy settings in order to be able to create Courses.
Create a Course
Navigation: UKG Pro Learning > Training (hover) > Courses > Create Course
You will be redirected to the Edit Course page where you will be able to set up your Course.
- Give your course a Title, a Description and select the Ownership of the course: you or your academy.
- (Optional) Add any system requirements or course tags.
- Select which Training Category(s) this Course will be under.
- Select a Level and a Language for your Course.
The default language is English.
- (Optional) Add an estimated duration for your course in order to give users an estimated amount of time to complete the course. This field will be displayed on the course's About page.
When an Admin or Manager marks a course (or curriculum and courses) as completed, the courses' completion time will be prefilled and saved with the course estimated duration, if any.
- Select if you want this course to award a Certificate upon completion.
- (Optional) Define the certificate expiration settings.
- (Optional) Select the appropriate checkbox to print the amount of time spent on the course and the instructor's name on the course certificate.
- To allow users to re-take the course after completing it, select Multiple completions are allowed. If multiple completions are allowed, a user who completed a course will not be able to access the course steps unless they select the Retake button. The course progress will be reset to 0% and the completion will be transferred to the Past Completions block on the employees' dashboard.
- You can choose if your users will be able to access this course if they miss their due date with the Lock course if user misses the due date setting. If a user does not complete the coursework by the due date, the course will be locked and they will not be able to access it until an admin or manager unlocks it for them.
In case a course has been locked for a user, you, as an admin or manager will be able to identify the course by the "Locked" indication next to the course title in the employees' dashboard.
Changing this setting does not work retroactively.
- Fill in any Custom Attributes you may have for your course and select if they will be displayed on the users' certificates.
- (Optional) Set your course as a compliance course.
- Select if users will have the option to review and rate your course.
Admins are able to delete individual ratings and reviews from a course in order to avoid having inappropriate user-generated content.
- Select if your course will have a discussion board.
- Select if any of your academy members will need approval in order to self-enroll in this course. Activate the Self-Enrollment Approval setting and select the organizational criteria these users meet.
- Choose if the course progress should remain unaffected if the course is a part of a curriculum and a user is obliged to retake this curriculum.
- (Optional) Add credits to your course if your admin has set them up for your academy.
- Select the credit type
- Add the number of credits the users should receive upon the course completion
- Check the box if these credits should be visible on users' certificates.
- Select Save.
Add Content and Lectures
Once saved, your course will be created. Content and lectures can be added before publishing it for employees.
Publishing your Course
By default, your course is in private and assign-only mode. To make your course visible either to your employees only or both to your employees and external members, you have to publish it by selecting the Private button.
The set of courses that is available to users is primarily defined by the categories to which they have access. If a course is public but in a category that your users do not have access to, they still won't be able to see the course unless they are assigned to it.
Your course needs at least one visible lecture to be published.