There are times you may want to restrict where your learners can view their training. Academy administrators, training managers, and managers who have been granted the Limit Access permission can do this per course for each defined unit in the academy. You can restrict access by IP address or physical address. Learners may get into the academy, but if they try to access a lecture from anywhere other than the IP or physical address you have set up, a notification will appear explaining to them why they cannot.
Only administrators can set up the permitted IPs/physical addresses; managers will be then able to select the units, but cannot set up addresses.
Limit Access blocks access to specified courses (reimbursable training activities) based on geofencing or corporate network connections. Limit Access does not block logins or access to non-reimbursable activities like Social, Gamification, etc.
Set Up Limit Access
- Determine what IP addresses and/or physical addresses are allowed from each restricted unit.
Navigation: UKG Pro Learning > Admin > Members > Set up Organization > Units
- Find the unit you need restricted access for and select Edit under each name.
- Enter the appropriate IP address and/or physical address in the labeled fields. One or the other is needed, but not both.
The IP Address will always be the most reliable of these two choices, and the Learning solution will always check if this option is available before using the physical address.
For a physical address, a street address and zip code are all that is needed – the Learning solution will fill in the rest.
- Select Save when finished.
- Set the learners to which these restrictions apply from UKG Pro Learning > Admin > Members > Manage Members
- In the Hourly Worker column, check the boxes next to all the appropriate students
- Save after selecting each learner.
- Select which units and students should have restricted access in each course. From the Limit Access page (UKG Pro Learning > Admin > Online Training > Limit Access) select the course to restrict access.
Administrators can see all academy courses, as they do under the courses listing page.
Managers with the Limit Access permission will be able to see the courses that are in categories where they have read permissions (including Without Category) and that are public. Based on the Limit Access setting defined for the academy, they may be able to see also the:
- Uncategorized Private Courses
- Categorized Private Courses
- Courses they have created that are now in categories they don’t have access to anymore.
Instructors will also be able to see their private, uncategorized courses.
- Find all the units associated with this course. Any with IP or physical addresses set up are active in the list. Check the box next to each unit to restrict access. Administrators will be able to see all organization nodes, while a manager will be able to see all organization nodes under their organization structure.
- When finished, select Save.
Employees whose names are checked as hourly workers will only be able to access courses associated with the restricted units from the specified IP and/or physical address.
Restrict Access on Mobile Devices
Administrators can determine who can access courses over a cellular connection (mobile app).
You can also block access to all users on a cellular connection. On the Settings page (UKG Pro Learning > Admin (hover) > Academy Settings) under Mobile access, turn the toggle to No.
If you decide to allow cellular connections, set the main toggle to Yes, and limit access by the user categories:
- Unit Managers/Assistant Unit Managers/Head of Above
- Employees (not Hourly Workers)
- Hourly Workers