If you Academy has External Learners, there are two ways to add members. You can add them manually, or add them in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet containing all of the necessary information.
NAVIGATION: Admin > Members > Invite or Add Users > Add Users > Employees or External Members
Add Individual Employees
- Select Add Row to create a new row.
- In the new row, place your cursor in the Firstname field and enter the employee's first name.
Populate the remaining fields in the row, including the (Above) Unit, Job, and Academy permissions fields.
Note: The Email field is optional, but recommended, and the password for each employee is automatically generated.
- Select Submit to add the employee.
Copy and Delete Rows
After creating an employee entry, you can add the same employee with an additional (Above) Unit or Job. Check the box at the beginning of the employee row, select Copy Row, then modify the fields as necessary. After selecting Submit, the rows are merged together.
You may need to delete one or more of your entries. To delete specific rows, check the box at the beginning of each row you want to delete and then select Delete Row. To delete all of the entries, select Clear All.
Learning automatically identifies errors by displaying an error code in the Errors column and changing the row color to red. You can correct each error individually or select Clear All Errors to delete the rows that contain errors.
Note: Place your cursor over each error code to display a description of the error.
|201||Already a member of the Academy|
|202||Username already exists in the Academy|
|203||External ID already exists in the Academy|
|204||The person you are going to add has the same username with someone in the academy|
|205||External ID already exists in the Imports|
|210||Email or Username is required|
|211||Firstname and Lastname is required|
|212||You must select a Unit|
|510||Unknown Type Name - Above Unit or Unit does not exist|
|564||Please provide a real email|
|610||Unknown Job - Job does not exist|
|611||An Above Unit or Unit is required|
|612||Insufficient Privileges to mark Admin, Training Manager or Content Manager role|
|912||Password must be at least 6 characters|
|913||Not valid user language|
Add Employees in Bulk
You can add multiple employees in bulk using a downloadable template.
Note: This option is not available for adding External Members.
- Select Download Template.
- Populate the spreadsheet with all of the necessary employee data and save the file to your computer.
Note: You can add up to 200 employee records in a single upload. Each row corresponds to one employee record.
- Select Upload File to select the file on your computer and upload it.
Note: If the Add Users page contains one or more user records, you cannot upload a file. You must submit or delete any existing records prior to uploading.
- Review the added rows and fix any errors that appear.
- Select Submit.
- Employee details such as Name and Email cannot be edited with the Add Users feature. You can only add information related to your academy, such as an employee's (Above) Unit, Job, etc.
- If a password already exists for an employee, the corresponding field is marked as Already Set and cannot be changed.
- If the same name is used for multiple (Above) Units, you can identify which is the correct one by checking the relevant (Above) Unit type. If adding employees in bulk, add the (Above) Unit type next to the (Above) Unit name. For example:
- Above Unit "A" of type "X"
- Above Unit "A" of type "Z"
The relevant fields in the template should be A-X and A-Z.