Administrators can add any required attributes to the employees in their academy.
Navigation: Admin (hover) > Academy Settings > Custom Attributes
- Scroll down the list of settings and find the "Custom Attributes" setting.
- Select it to expand the section.
- Add new fields for your employees' profiles.
You can add up to 20 fields of your preference as attributes for your employees, events, courses, curricula, and units. The Hiring Date and Birthdate fields are two default fields that you can use but cannot be edited.
For all your custom attributes, including the Hiring Date and Birthdate default fields, you have two options:
- Show on Edit User
If selected, this field will be available under Edit user on the Manage Members page.
- Admins/Managers can edit this field
If selected, this field will be editable for administrator and managerial jobs with the “Edit a user’s custom field” job permission. This option is only available if the “Show on Edit User” checkbox is selected. In addition, this option allows the admin to include these custom fields in the template when making uploads through the grid.
- You have the option to select if your employees should be able to edit their own custom attributes (users' custom fields), on their profile. If you want your custom fields to be editable, select the "Employees can edit this field" checkbox.
- You can choose not to display sensitive user data on the user's profile to all employees by hiding the custom attribute under Advanced Settings. Deselect the "Show on user's profile".
- You can select if your employees will be able to edit their Birthdate, under Advanced Settings > Social Collaboration >Social Activities Settings. Toggle the "Users can edit their birthdate" option.
Once the administrator adds a new field in the settings, this field will appear in the employees' info under Manage Member, Edit User. The administrator can then enter information into this field for the employee selected.
This functionality is implemented for anyone using UKG Pro Learning API calls as these attributes are available there.
Once you have added custom attributes for your employees, administrators and managers that have the relevant permissions will be able to filter employees' listings based on these custom fields and attributes.
These filtering options are available on the Manage Members page and on the Assign Training pages (individual and advanced assignment).