A curriculum is training comprised of a group of courses on a related topic. Curricula can have multiple courses in the same language or in different languages. You can have different curriculum functionalities to fit your needs.
Who Can Create a Curriculum
Users with administrator rights, training managers, and users with the Create Curriculum permission can create curricula in their academy.
Training Managers should be allowed from the Academy Settings in order to be able to create Curricula.
Create a Curriculum
Navigation: Training (hover) > Curriculua > Create Curriculum
- To include courses in your new curriculum, drag and drop them into the Create Curriculum bar at the bottom of the Course Catalog page.
- Select Save to go to the Edit Curriculum page.
- Give the curriculum a title, description, and learning goals, add tags, and assign it to a category.
- Select if you want this curriculum to award a certificate. If you select No then no certificate will be awarded to the users that complete this curriculum. If you select Yes then a certificate will be awarded to the users.
- If you selected to award a certificate to the users who complete this curriculum, then you have the option to define the certificate expiration settings.
- Select a Default Language for your curriculum. The users who enroll in your curriculum may be assigned to different curriculum courses based on the language you select here, their preferred language, and how you set up your curricula courses.
The Default Language cannot be changed after the curriculum is created.
- Select the curriculum's estimated duration. By default, the curriculum calculates the duration based on the total course estimated duration. However, you may override this if needed.
- You can select to set your curriculum as a compliance curriculum.
- You can select whether the curriculum completion date will be determined by the courses in the curriculum that users completed on their own or were completed by the administrator. The curriculum completion date setting has three options:
- users completed on their own or were completed by admin. This is the default option, which will set the completion date based on the last course completed, independently of if it was completed by the user or administrator.
- users completed on their own. The courses that were completed by the admin and not by the user will be ignored when the curriculum completion date is calculated.
- were completed by admin. The courses that were completed by the user and not by the administrator will be ignored when the curriculum completion date is calculated.
In all cases, the curriculum completion date will be the date that the last course was completed. However, based on the setting, the course used to determine curriculum completion may be the last course completed by the administrator, the last course completed by the user, or the last course completed in general.
- Select the users who need approval to self-enroll. Select the checkbox and set the organizational criteria these users must meet.
- Select Save when finished.