In UKG Pro Learning, you can track your employees' feedback or opinions by creating polls.
You have the option to create Standalone Polls or to connect your Poll with a specific Course, Curriculum, Group, ILT (In-Class Training or Live Session). The following types of polls are available:
- Standalone Poll
- Course Poll
- Curriculum Poll
- Group Poll
- In-Class Training Poll
- Live Session Poll
To create a poll, select Admin in my academy’s navigation bar, and then select Polls.
You can then select either Standalone Poll, Course Poll, Curriculum Poll, or Group Poll.
To set up a poll for your In-class Training/ Live session, select Manage Events, find the applicable event, select Manage Event under the Event title, and then select Manage Polls.
Give the poll a title and a description. You can also set up an expiration date for the poll, and decide whether or not the members (or just admins) will be able to view the poll results.
- An expiration date can be set for the Poll with Standalone/ Group /Event polls.
- You have the option to define if an Event Poll is required for the event certificate.
Add some questions to your Poll. You can add as many questions as you'd like by selecting the Add Question button.
You have the option to combine the following different types of questions:
- Closed-ended questions, having all of the possible answers predefined.
- Open-ended questions, where users are able to submit their own answer, instead of having to choose between predefined answers.
By selecting the add answer plus sign, you can add as many answers as you'd like.
- Each closed-ended question needs to have at least two answers.
- Answers can be deleted by clicking its "x" button.
- You can reorder the answers' sequence with a simple drag and drop.
Select the blue Save button when finished.
By default, your poll is in private mode. To make it visible to your employees you have to publish it by flipping the Public toggle to "yes".
1. Standalone Polls
If you publish a Standalone Poll, this becomes visible to all the employees and they can access it from their Home page, under the Polls section, and select Go to all Standalone Polls.
However, you have the option to make your Standalone Poll available only to specific Employees. To do so, mark your poll as Private, go to the Manage Polls tab (under Polls), find the poll in question and click on the Assign option.
You will be given the option to assign the poll either to specific employees (Individual Assignment) or to a group of employees based on their job and location (Advanced Assignment).
- You have the option to upload an Image for your Standalone-Poll to replace the default thumbnail! This option is available under the “Manage Polls” menu.
2. Course Polls
You can create a poll as a step of a course. You can decide if the poll will be needed for the course completion or not.
- Course polls have no Expiration Date.
Moreover, you have the option to upload an image for your course poll. Just go to Manage Polls under the Polls tab from your Course panel, find the poll in question and upload an image.
3. Curriculum Polls
You can create a poll as a part of a curriculum. You can decide if the poll will be needed for curriculum completion.
- Curriculum polls have no Expiration Date.
Additionally, curriculum polls have two more options under the Manage Polls menu.
First, you have the option to upload an Image for your Curriculum-Poll to replace the default thumbnail. Second, you have the option to maintain curricula progress when a new poll is added. If this setting is set to "Yes", the new poll will be automatically marked as completed ( the setting is only for polls that are required for curriculum completion).
4. Group Polls
You can also create a poll that will be available to all members of a particular group.
- You have the option to upload an Image for your Group-Poll to replace the default thumbnail This option is available under Manage Polls.
5. Event Polls
Once the event has been completed, the registrants will receive an email notification inviting them to tell their opinion about the specific event.
Once they select the Participate now button, they will be redirected to the polls page of the specific event and they can Take the Poll.