In order to initiate Live Sessions, you will need to connect UKG Pro Learning with your Microsoft Teams for Business account.
Before going to UKG Pro Learning, make sure you have completed the following five steps to set up your Microsoft Azure account.
- You will need to set up a Microsoft Azure account for your Organization. If you don't have one yet, you can create one at https://azure.microsoft.com/. If you are unsure, check with your IT department to determine if your organization has an existing Microsoft Azure account.
- In your Azure portal, it is recommended that your domain is verified in order for your user accounts to be considered as Microsoft Work Accounts. Microsoft provides more information on completing this process.
Note: Microsoft Work Accounts are required in order to be able to initiate Teams Online Meetings via UKG Pro Learning. Users that do not have a Work Account may still be able to connect their Teams account with UKG Pro Learning, however, they will face an issue when trying to initiate events in UKG Pro Learning.
- Make sure that the email addresses that your users have at your Azure portal are the same as the ones that are tied to their accounts in UKG Pro Learning. If they are not the same, they will join the session as guests and their attendance will not be tracked.
- In your Azure Portal under Azure Active Directory > Enterprise applications > Consent and permissions > User consent settings select Allow user consent for apps.
Microsoft provides more information on these options.
- A Global administrator of the Azure portal for your Organization should subscribe all users to one of the available options for "Microsoft Teams for Business" in addition to Microsoft 365 services. Microsoft provides multiple Teams For Business subscription options.
Now that the Microsoft Azure setup has been completed, you are ready to go back to UKG Pro Learning and complete the UKG Pro Learning - Teams connection.
Note: The steps below should be followed by the Admin of the Microsoft Azure account first. Once these steps have been completed by the Admin of the Microsoft Azure account, they can disconnect their account if they so wish and from then on, all of the UKG Pro Learning Admins who have an account in the Azure Organization will be able to follow the same process and connect their Teams account with the Academy.
From Academy Settings (UKG Pro Learning > Admin > Academy Settings > Advanced Settings) select Live Sessions Integration and then Integration with Microsoft Teams for Business.
By selecting Connect you will be redirected to a Microsoft Connection page. In order for the integration to be set up you will need to provide consent to the application for the required delegated permissions on your Microsoft Work Account. Once you select Accept the connection will be completed in your academy.
Remember to select your account tier. This determines the maximum amount of learners that will be able to attend your event and should match the Microsoft Teams for Business plan selected in step 5.
Microsoft provides the following options for subscriptions:
- Free Plan (up to 100 users)
- Essentials Plan (up to 300 users)
- Basic Plan (up to 300 users)
- Standart Plan (up to 300 users)
- Premium Plan (up to 300 users)
- Enterprise Plan (unlimited # of users)
- Mixed Plans (allows you to define the # of users)
UKG Pro Learning currently allows a maximum of 500 users to participate in a Live session initiated with Microsoft Teams. This is a limit imposed by Microsoft and cannot be changed at this time.
Your Microsoft Teams account is now successfully connected with your Academy. However, before you begin creating events, return to your Azure portal and go to Dashboard > Enterprise applications > UKG Pro Learning > Manage > Properties and make sure that:
- the "Assignment required" toggle is turned to No
- the "Visible to users" toggle is turned to Yes
You are now ready to start creating your events. Once you are ready, initiate them using the connected Microsoft Teams account.