In order to initiate Live Sessions, you will need to connect the UKG Pro Learning solution with your Microsoft Teams for Business account.
You will need a Microsoft Azure account to connect Teams to your academy. Please see the article "Set Up Your Microsoft Azure Account For Use With Microsoft Teams" for step-by-step instructions.
Connect Your Microsoft Teams Account in Your Academy
Navigation: UKG Pro Learning > Admin > Academy Settings > Live Sessions Integration > Integration with Microsoft Teams for Business
Selecting Connect redirects you to a Microsoft Connection page. To set up the integration you need to provide consent to the application for the required delegated permissions on your Microsoft Work Account. Select Accept and the connection will be completed in your academy.
Select your account's tier. If you have a free plan, for example, you won’t be able to invite more than 100 users to your event.
Microsoft provides the following options for subscriptions:
- Free Plan (up to 100 users)
- Essentials Plan (up to 300 users)
- Basic Plan (up to 300 users)
- Standard Plan (up to 300 users)
- Premium Plan (up to 300 users)
- Enterprise Plan (unlimited # of users)
- Mixed Plans (allows you to define the # of users)
By default, a maximum of 500 users are allowed to participate in a Live session initiated with Microsoft Teams. This is a limit imposed by Microsoft. If you need more users than this, please contact support.
Last but not least, you can activate/deactivate the Allow users outside of your Microsoft Azure Organization to connect to Teams Meetings setting. This setting allows you to restrict the Teams Meetings Participation only to your Organization Users who have an e-mail address in your Azure domain. This way you can exclude External Users from your online meetings. Please note, however, that this setting should be defined before initiating your event, as it does not work retroactively.
Your Microsoft Teams account is now successfully connected with your Academy. You are now ready to start creating your events, and initiate them using the connected Microsoft Teams account!
- Attendees who stay in the meeting for under 60 seconds will not be counted as attendees.
Hosts must actively end Microsoft Teams meetings by selecting End Meeting to properly communicate attendance information. Failure to do this may result in inaccurate attendance reporting.
- Hosts must completely close Microsoft Teams to sync meeting data between Microsoft and the Learning solution. Failure to do so may delay attendance data by up to twelve hours. If the app has not closed within 12 hours, the Learning solution will stop trying to retrieve the attendance data.
- Communication occurs between Microsoft and the Learning solution every 5 minutes; attendance data may take up to 5 minutes to sync.
- Attendance data from Teams Breakout Rooms cannot currently be communicated and recorded, as that information is not available in Microsoft's API.